Monday, July 9, 2012

HELLO World!

     So I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile now, and figured once we were married and through with wedding planning, that my life would allow me some time to do this.  Me being me want this blog to be FANTASTIC!  I so don't want a boring blog!  That being said, there is some pressure then (that I am totally putting on myself) to make this thing entertaining, uplifting, and at the same time educational.  That is right people, I plan to broaden your horizons with my sometimes somewhat twisted thoughts in hopes that more people might jump on my bandwagon and make me seem less like a crazy person, but even if that doesn't happen at least we will both get a few laughs out of this deal!
     As I introduce myself and my blog to the world, let me also apologize for the day when I stop updating it too.  I'm a realist in this instance and know that since I was never good at keeping diaries/journals growing up, that there will come a day where I just stop posting, so in advance I apologize.  Maybe it'll never happen or perhaps I'll be that cool old lady in the nursing home who is still up to date with technology and blog about what they are putting in the prune juice.  Time will tell, but until then I will try to brighten your days with the events of our lives, provide lots of laughter, and give you an idea of what goes on in my head on a periodic basis. 
     My wonderful husband Casey and I have been married for 68 days so far!  Time seemed to go by slow when we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii, but ever since we came back after those incredible 6 days in paradise, time has just flown by!!!  We are so immensely blessed that God brought us together and gave each other the perfect "complement" to our lives.  I never really realized how true and important that was until I met Casey.  I'm high maintenance (unfortunately for Casey) whereas he is super laid back.  I'm proactive and usually get things done as quickly as possible whereas Casey will get it done on time, but definitely waits a little bit longer to start it.  He is SUPER patient, while I would like things to happen as soon as possible. (Sad random fact is that I actually thought I was pretty decent in the patience department, but then I met Casey and he put me to shame!)  The list goes on, but you get the point.  While there are many ways that we are different, the most important things in life we agree on, such as: God is our #1 priority, we need to be like Jesus in all that we do, and cooked carrots are nasty.
     Married life is great, but I'm not going to lie and say that it's a total breeze and no work at all.  It definitely takes a lot of work on both parts to make it work and to help it grow into something even better.  Casey came from all brothers and I just had a sister, so we for sure have had to adjust some living with someone of the opposite sex, which let's be honest is a BIG adjustment for both of us.  We both lived by ourselves for awhile before we got married too, so again another adjustment, but it's going well.  I think we are finally used to the other and their quirks (at least those that we have learned about thus far), thought I know we are far from knowing everything about the other.  
     Me being the very social bee that I am keep us pretty busy, though I try to keep in mind too that my husband likes his down time at home and doesn't enjoy this always-on-the-go philosophy.  With us buying a house in January and me moving in after the wedding at the end of April, our house is still a WORK IN PROGRESS.  I knew it would take awhile, but the more as time goes by and things are getting done, I'm realizing that it's going to awhile till everything has found its place, pictures are hung on the walls, and the major repairs are done.  We'll get there I know, but here is where the impatience comes into play again.
     I realize if I share everything now, that this post will be WAY TOO LONG and then I will have nothing to write next time, so until then I'll leave you with this scripture:

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacinda!! I really enjoy reading your blog and so many other friends that I finally decided to start one myself!

      Delete
  2. Yeah I can't wait to read your ongoing adventures into married life!!! Can't wait to see y'all in 82 days yeah! I definitely can't wait till all this wedding stress is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth!! Casey and I are both looking forward to sharing with you and Kevin your special day! I actually got your wedding present in the mail today, can't wait for you to see it! I think you'll really like it!

      Delete
    2. Yeah can't wait!!! See ya in less than 2 weeks

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I LOVE reading your blog about your sweet family! Hope your Monday got better for you!

      Delete