Wednesday, July 18, 2012

THANKFUL to be done with Thank You Notes


     Casey and I are beyond blessed to have so many friends, family, and church members from both congregations where we grew up (myself at Memorial and Casey at Champions) to help us furnish our home with the necessities (and then some)!  Literally, our entire master bedroom was full with wedding presents!  A great problem to have!!  Below is a picture after we had 3 showers, but before the wedding.  It was so very generous of everyone to give all that they did, sure makes you feel very loved!


     With many gifts comes many thank you notes!  Actually, more thank you notes than gifts because even though it's a group gift, let's be honest, a group thank you note would be kinda tacky.  My take on it is that even though it may be more time consuming for me to write each individual, that's what has to be done because said person was thoughtful enough to give of their own money to buy us a gift and they also spent time thinking of what to get and going to the store to get it.  Not only do I want to write them a card, but I want it to be more than just "Thank you for the blender.  We really appreciate it!"  I also had like almost 350 of these bad boys to write, so I couldn't realistically write a novel either and get them written in an acceptable time frame.  I know if you ask around most people will tell you that you have a year to write them, but I don't want it to take me to long to write these suckers and the people who gave me the gift have already forgotten what they bought us to begin with.  Plus, I just wanted to get it done and not have it looming over my head anymore, so I could focus solely on getting our house unpacked/decorated.  It's a fine balance to make your thank you card sound like you put thought and effort into it, but not write too much so that you can get the cards in the mail sooner.
     I tried to get as many thank you notes written as possible before the I do's, but me planning my own wedding (I did have help, just didn't have a wedding coordinator is all) I did not have a ton of free time while I was juggling working full-time.  I actually did receive a thank note 2 weeks ago from a shower at church that was done about 6 weeks earlier and I still had not sent mine out when my shower was over 4 months ago.  Oh well!! I did my best and at least I can say now they are all written, just need to add addresses to a few more of them and then those last few stragglers will be out of the house! YAY!!!

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.  Do everything in love."  1 Corinthians 16:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment